Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sophomore year pt.1

                    The first day of school. The dreaded first day of school. Summer is over, and our tans (or in my case, burns) are soon to be gone, but the first day has finally come and gone. Guess what? It wasn't that bad. I walked in, anxious. I couldn't find my friends, and I definitely couldn't find my classes. The first day at a new school is honestly nerve-wracking. I was shaking for half of the day, partly because I was starving because I didn't have breakfast, and partly because I was so nervous. 
                   I walked on to the bus only to have found that there were literally 3 open spots. Guess what? none of them were with my friends. So, I ended up sitting next to a kid who I went to elementary school with. It was nice to see a familiar face, but man, talk about awkward. The next thing I knew, I was in Spanish class, then gym, then math. Math oh man oh man. I cannot stand math. I'm taking algebra 2, and no, it's not because I'm like super smart or something or because i love math, it's because my previous school was weirdly ahead on math.
                     History went smoothly, I sat down and while everyone else was re-seated, I wasn't. I had sat in the correct seat. Weird thing to be happy about, I know but I really didn't want to get up. Chorus was great. I sat next to one of my friends, and we learned about all of these cool trips we get to go on. I had no idea, I just joined because I like to sing. 
                    And then came lunch, my friends hadn't told me where they were going to be. Or that since I'm on the first floor and they're not (which I did not know) that I would be the first one from our group there. And I'm not even kidding when I tell you this, I circled the cafeteria almost 4 times. (I stopped partway through my last round because I found someone.) and after that, everything went smoothly. I met some new (to me) people, who are so incredibly nice, and seemed to just accept me right into their circle. I'm so lucky to have found the friends that I have. I almost immediately made a friend, just because we were constantly cracking bad jokes.

 "okay okay so now that lunch is over... where do i go???"
                    It was lucky for me that 3 of the girls that I sat with at lunch were going to the class right next-door to me. Because man, is it awful to have to walk to class alone not knowing anyone, or where the heck you're going. My english teacher seemed nice. except the fact that he said that we would have 40 days straight of quizzes. yes you read that right 40!!!!!! oh what a day. The teacher in charge of my study hall class seemed grumpy. I've always wondered why teachers who don't particularly like kids, teach kids. It makes no sense in my lil brain. 
And then, the last class. theater. It went so well. My teacher was so nice, but even better, it's my last class. #blessed 

So here's to hoping that this year is better than any other. If you have, or haven't started school, or you're starting a new job, or anything in-between, good luck. I believe in you, and I know for sure that you can do it.

xoxo jules

1 comment:

  1. So glad that it wasn't the nightmare that you thought it would be. I'm happy that you are adapting to your new environment. Good job! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete